Monday 3 May 2021

Waitangi what really happened

Last term in Social studies we learnt about Waitangi and what really happened. It was fun to learn what really happened because I never knew what really happened. We watched 7 videos and had to find the answer for the question we had. 

Something positive was that people believed in themselves and that's what everyone should do and follow what they believe. I liked how Te Ruki Kawati refused to sign the treaty because he believed it was the right thing to do because I agree with him. I found out what Kororareka was called back then. Kororareka or Russell back then was known as the hell hole of the pacific. This helps me because I get to learn about my ancestors history and what they did. Do you know how many people lived in Aotearoa around 1838-1840?? Well that's something you should search.




No comments:

Post a Comment