Friday 23 August 2019

O te hapai o

This week my class and I have been learning about a new song called O te hapai o. It is a song for the ringawera and it is appropriate for a wedding, tangi, chrisning and more places. The hard part about learning the actions because they were pretty hard and weird. The easy part was leaning the words because they were just so easy to learn. The thing I will do next time is put more time into the actions  because I didn’t really know them. Here are the words and it is a Maori song 

O te hapai o  mokore an o Nga mihi na koutou te Kia I Taka ko ki, ko ngata, ko makona ka puta pito e

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Mahuta My name is Kingi. I am a year 8 that attends Paihia School. I am really interested in your in you post about your new waiata. It has a very catchy name to it. Its cool how you said that you were going to put more time in the actions so that you could learn them. I would do the same if My class and I were learning a new waiata. But maybe next time you could read your post out loud and fix up the mistake. You said lean instead of learn. Other than that keep up the good work and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Kia ora Mahuta, my name is Jorjah and I am from Paihia School. I like that you have added the lyrics of the new song that you we’re learning down the bottom. I really enjoy that you are adding Te reo Maori on blogger. How long have you had a passion about rua reo Maori? I too have a passion for Waiata Maori. Well that is all from me well done.

    ReplyDelete