Thursday 8 August 2019

Using a colon

This week we have been learning about how to use a colon : in our writing It is very fun because it's very easy to use and I think it is a great way to make a list. The easy part about using it was I could use it like all the time and I new where to put them. The hard part was trying to use it because I couldn't fine a place to put it because I forgot. The thing I will do next time is to use it more often and not to forget it is punctuation and it will get me higher in my rubric ( Punctuation ) Here is an example and what it means (colon).

Colon (punctuation) The colon ( : ) is a punctuation mark consisting of two equally sized dots centered on the same vertical line. A colon precedes an explanation or an enumeration, or list.
Margret had gone to the store and bought: Veggies, fruit, chocolate and drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment